20 Great Freebies for 2020
You must see this list of freebies, frugal promotions and fun deals on meals, travel, books and more.
Hey, sis. How is 2020 treating you so far? Well, your year is about to get even better thanks to this list of 20 fab freebies, frugal promotions and fun deals on meals, sweet treats, fitness, travel, movies, books and more.
- Frugal Fitness: Keep your new year’s resolution to tone and tighten. Gyms like New York Sports Clubs, Lucille Roberts and Orangetheory offer first-time visitors free workout passes or an assessment with a fitness trainer.
- Valentine’s Wine and Dine: Every couple that dines at Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse between Feb. 13 and 16 will receive a complimentary dining card valid for one full churrasco lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch, while supplies last. Book reservations at any of the 43 U.S. locations, plus international ones, at fogo.com.
- Tasty Twists for Two: Auntie Anne’s is the place for pretzel lovers to celebrate Feb. 14 with buy one, get one free heart-shaped pretzels, in stores only. Available at participating locations nationwide for Pretzel Perks app users!
- Thank U, Next: Recently uncoupled or happily single? Head to Hooters (that’s right) on Valentine’s Day, destroy a photo of your ex and receive 10 free boneless wings when you buy any 10 wings as part of the #ShredYourEx promotion. Everyone who participates either online or in the store will automatically be entered for a chance to win a premium Bumble subscription.
- Just Desserts: Satisfy your sweet tooth with free chocolate and cake when you join rewards clubs for Godiva and Nothing Bundt Cakes.
- Page-Turner: Listen to best-selling audiobooks with a free, 30-day trial membership from Audible.com. Plus, get exclusive audio-guided wellness programs and three audiobooks to get you started. Cancel anytime or continue for $14.95 per month. If you prefer books you can touch, Barnes & Noble has a membership for $25 a year that includes free shipping on BN.com orders and 40 percent off hardcover bestsellers.
- Flapjack Freebie: National Pancake Day at IHOP is Feb. 25. Cutting the carbs? Make this a cheat day and enjoy a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes.
- Flow for No Dough: Increase your flexibility with free yoga classes at YogaWorks or a Lululemon store near you.
- Everybody, Dance Now. Browse Eventbrite listings in your area for free African, hip-hop, salsa and swing dance classes. Or be a private dancer with a free online dance tutorial.
- Coffee Break. Get a free cup of joe, tea and more perks when you download apps for Argo Tea and Peet’s Coffee, and get a free birthday beverage when you sign up for Dunkin’s loyalty program.
- We All Scream for Ice Cream! Ben & Jerry’s annual Free Cone Day will be announced on March 3! And Dairy Queen usually celebrates the first day of spring (March 19 this year) by serving free small vanilla cones.
- Get Your Kicks. Have your eye on a new pair of sneakers or sandals for spring break? Join Famous Footwear’s Famously You Rewards to enjoy exclusive perks, including $5 Reward Cash for every 100 points (earn one point for every $1) up to $250 a year, $5 Rewards Cash for your birthday and free shipping for members with no minimum. DSW offers a similar VIP rewards program with free shipping and a $5 birthday coupon.
- Museum Day (April 4): The Smithsonian has arranged free admission at participating museums throughout the country. Check here for the ones near you.
- Picture Show: Celebrate your birthday at the movies. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema offers one complimentary ticket for members of their free Alamo Victory rewards program for up to 30 days from their birthday. At AMC theaters, Stubs rewards members (sign up online or at any AMC theater) get free large popcorn during their birthday month.
- Complimentary Conversation: Master Spanish, French or Italian with free apps and online resources like Duolingo and Learn a Language.
- Show Time: Fan out during a live taping of your favorite daytime or late-night talk show, music artist performance or game show. Sign up for free tickets here.
- Happy Returns: Tax Day is April 15. No matter what your tax return looks like this year, Orbitz is giving its Orbitz Rewards members (free to join, orbitz.com/rewards) a Tax Day travel break. Book a hotel or vacation package on April 15 and the discount travel site will match all taxes and fees on your purchase in Orbucks — aka travel dollars — up to $250 for use on a future trip. You can also use your airline mileage points and Amtrak Guest Rewards for free travel.
- Fiesta, Freebies: Sign up for Moe’s Southwest Grill’s Moe Rewards program and get a free cup of queso with any order and a free burrito on your birthday. Baja Fresh offers Club Baja members $5 off their first order and a special birthday treat each year. And sign up for El Pollo Loco’s Loco Rewards for a free Pollo Bowl.
- $1 Earth Day Sale (April 18 at Buffalo Exchange stores nationwide): Okay, so it’s not exactly free. But this annual dollar sale at Buffalo Exchange is a customer favorite. Holla! So grab an armful of new and gently used clothing, shoes and accessories from brands like H&M, Michael Kors and LOFT. Proceeds benefit an animal welfare charity. Earth Day is also the perfect time to declutter and donate your quality apparel to a thrift store or mail it to ThredUp.
- Park Perks: National Park Week is April 18-26. To kick off the week, on April 18 entrance fees are waived to parks that usually charge them, including Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona and Haleakala National Park in Hawaii. Find a complete list of participating parks here.