Real Talk, Real Sisters.
Sisters From AARP is a free, weekly newsletter celebrating Black women. Sisters readers get the very best in style, health, money, relationships, and more in every issue. The conversation continues in our social media communities. Visit with us daily and plug in to the spirit of sisterhood!
Celebrating 60 years of service in 2018, AARP continues to empower people to choose how they live as they age. With our nationwide presence and local impact, AARP helps people in your community turn their goals and dreams into real possibilities. We focus on what matters most: health, wealth and self. Our work touches people of all backgrounds, generations and walks of life—whether they are among the 38 million Americans who enjoy the many benefits of AARP membership or not.
AARP’s work in the African American community and in your local area includes:
- Educating, providing resources for and telling the stories of caregivers
- Harnessing the strength of the African American church by partnering with houses of worship to provide resources.
- Educating thousands on the importance of financial security
- Teaching consumers how to spot and protect themselves against scams and fraud.
- Providing free tax assistance via our local volunteer-based program, which has helped nearly 50 million low to moderate-income taxpayers since 1968.
- Continuing our founder’s tradition of social action by honoring and championing civil rights for all people.
- Fighting to protect important programs and lobbying lawmakers.
- Changing what it means to be an older American through our Disrupt Aging
- Empowering you to live healthy through wellness education events in your state.
- Collecting food for families, and providing economical ideas for eating healthy, such as cooking videos featuring celebrity chef Carla Hall.
- Surprising and delighting guests nationwide at hundreds of FREE community events each year, including our popular Block Parties and Movies For Grownups screenings. Free, interactive in-person learning events on tech, caregiving and careers mix fun with purpose.
No limits. No labels. Aging is changing. Take on today with AARP.